Welcome on my homepage!, I am Rob van der Goot, and am currently working as an assistant professor at the IT University of Copenhagen
My main research interest is robustness in natural language processing. This includes the processing of non-standard language varieties, low-resource languages and any setting were only little training data is available. My expertise is mostly on syntactic tasks.
- 22-10-2021: Invited talk at MilaNLP
- 12-10-2021: Outstanding reviewer @ ACL2021
- 23-04-2021: Received outstanding paper award for MaChAmp @EACL2021
- 01-02-2021: I will be assistant professor at ITU from 01-09-2021!
- 10-01-2021: The shared task on Multi-lingual lexical normalization has started
- 12-01-2021: There is now a code switched version of MoNoise, for normalizing two languages simultaneously.
- 30-09-2020: Proud to have supervised Anders Giovanni Møller, with a shared first place on the WNUT 2021 shared task on identifying informative COVID-19 tweets! News article.
- 01-09-2020: Started hosting research intern Anouck Braggaar, who is going to work on low-resource dependency parsing
- 24-04-2020: Included in The Copula and the Bit
- 23-04-2020: Interview on Omrop Fryslan about how Frisians abroad survive COVID-19.
- 05-01-2020: First Danish models, and improved Dutch model available for MoNoise; thanks to respectively Amanda Jørgensen and Youri Schuur. More information on the Dutch normalization available in Youri's thesis
- 13-12-2019: Italian models are now available for MoNoise; including better handling of capitalization, if you update, please download the new models.
- 11-12-2019: Hosting visitor Ahmet Üstün in context of the Cost Action Multi3Generation
- 02-09-2019: Started as a postdoc at ITU!
- 23-06-2019: My recent work with Malvina Nissim and Rik van Noord was discussed on Linear Digressions
- 23-05-2019: Happy to share that I am hired as a Postdoc at the ITU, under supervision of Barbara Plank!
- 15-04-2019: I ''Won'' the most reviews at NAACL 2019
- 04-04-2019: PhD Defence
- 03-04-2019: Workshop ROBustness in Parsing
- 30-03-2019: Interviewed by De Taalstaat (Radio 1), listen here (Dutch)