Welcome on my homepage!, I am Rob van der Goot, and am currently working as a postdoc at the IT University of Copenhagen, under the supervision of Barbara Plank
My main research interest is robustness in natural language processing. This includes the processing of non-standard language varieties, low-resource languages and any setting were only little training data is available. My expertise is mostly on syntactic tasks.
- 12-11-2021: Outstanding reviewer @ ACL2021
- 23-04-2021: Received outstanding paper award for MaChAmp @EACL2021
- 01-02-2021: I will be assistant professor at ITU from 01-09-2021!
- 10-01-2021: The shared task on Multi-lingual lexical normalization has started
- 12-01-2021: There is now a code switched version of MoNoise, for normalizing two languages simultaneously.
- 30-09-2020: Proud to have supervised Anders Giovanni Møller, with a shared first place on the WNUT 2021 shared task on identifying informative COVID-19 tweets! News article.
- 01-09-2020: Started hosting research intern Anouck Braggaar, who is going to work on low-resource dependency parsing
- 24-04-2020: Included in The Copula and the Bit
- 23-04-2020: Interview on Omrop Fryslan about how Frisians abroad survive COVID-19.
- 05-01-2020: First Danish models, and improved Dutch model available for MoNoise; thanks to respectively Amanda Jørgensen and Youri Schuur. More information on the Dutch normalization available in Youri's thesis
- 13-12-2019: Italian models are now available for MoNoise; including better handling of capitalization, if you update, please download the new models.
- 11-12-2019: Hosting visitor Ahmet Üstün in context of the Cost Action Multi3Generation
- 02-09-2019: Started as a postdoc at ITU!
- 23-06-2019: My recent work with Malvina Nissim and Rik van Noord was discussed on Linear Digressions
- 23-05-2019: Happy to share that I am hired as a Postdoc at the ITU, under supervision of Barbara Plank!
- 15-04-2019: I ''Won'' the most reviews at NAACL 2019
- 04-04-2019: PhD Defence
- 03-04-2019: Workshop ROBustness in Parsing
- 30-03-2019: Interviewed by De Taalstaat (Radio 1), listen here (Dutch)